Once they were a necessity, now they ooze nostalgia: candles still create a unique atmosphere that no other decorative element can rival. They light up the table during long conversations, give your living room a cosy touch, and provide a soothing background in the bathroom.
At Flamant, you'll find high-quality candles in all colours and sizes, 100% hand-crafted from pure paraffin, with wicks in natural cotton yarn, coated for a long and optimal burn. But how do you ensure that you can enjoy your Flamant candles as long as possible?
Here are 5 candle care tips.
- Using a new type of candle for the first time? Always check the specific instructions at the bottom of the candle. Whatever atmosphere you want to create, always put safety first.
- In order to limit smoke, make sure the wick of the candle isn't too long.
- Candles don't like a draught. The cold air flow causes the top layer to melt at an angle, resulting in candle wax at the bottom of your candle holder (e.g. a wind light).
- Let candles burn for at least 1 hour. If you put out a candle too soon, you'll create a cavity around the wick. After one hour, the top layer will have melted evenly, allowing the candle to keep its shape.
- Want to place a candle in a lantern or a wind light? Take the proportions into account. In wind lights, the diameter of the candle should not exceed 1/3 of the diameter of its casing. This way you avoid an 'oven effect' in the candle holder, which would melt the candle too quickly and fill the casing with wax.
If you take these tips to heart, our candles should have the following average burning times (depending on their size):
- 7 x 7: 30 hours
- 7.5 x 14: 70 hours
- 5 x 15: 50 hours
- 9 x 9: 55 hours
- 9 x 15: 95 hours
- 2.8 x 28: 12 hours
- 3-wick candle: 130 hours